Friday, June 5, 2009

I dislike change.

I really really dislike change. It's just one of those things that stresses me out and makes me want to scream. While I try not to do that, I have been encouraging myself to cry sometimes and that certainly helps.
Number one change has been moving back home from school. Having my friends scattering throughout the globe is something I could never have been prepared for. I miss them dreadfully. When two of your best friends are 2000 miles away from you, how are you supposed to act? I'm still working on that one. Not having the support of my family of Christian friends from Union is definitely a learning experience.
A major blessing has come to me in the form of my old friend, Erin Stephens. Girl is such a strong Christian friend. I don't know what I would do without her in my life for this summer. And...God is sending her to Union this fall! What an amazing chance. We've been close since middle school...and now we're going to school together. Her support and accountability are making such a difference in my attitude and just my heart for this summer. Plus, having someone to jam with is awesome.
I feel like some relationships here at home are definitely changing. I already went through that at school, which was more okay because we hadn't been friends forever. Here is different. Here is hard. I am just trying to glorify Christ and that is unusual.

Psalm 66:16-20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please please please talk to me!
I'd love to hear your opinions.
<3