Friday, June 17, 2011

Do not pray for patience!

You make think that the title of this post is a joke, but I assure you that it really is not. Here at Garaywa, we have just finished our second week of camp. Though there were times in this past week that I wished I could simply give up, I was blessed to have the energy and strength that only my Father can provide. Much of what I needed was simply patience, something I refuse to ask for. Not because I don't need more patience, but I know that if I ask the Lord for a gift, He will give me opportunities to use it. Even as I have not asked, He has given me patience and many a chance to exercise it as well. It is a blessing in disguise, I'm sure.
After fighting the good fight for a week, there is a certain peace that comes with the exhaustion. I failed many times in the past week. I lack grace, even though my name means "full of grace." I lack compassion, even though I live to be compassionate. I lack in so many areas...yet He uses me. I have the privilege of teaching daily about the Gospel. I get to pray over precious girls daily. I get to worship Him 5 nights a week. Five! That's unheard of! I get to be surrounded by women who believe in the power of the Cross as much as I do. On top of all of that, I get to see the Hand of the Lord at work daily. What a blessed woman I am.
As I look at this next week, I'm somewhat overwhelmed, but more than that, I'm excited. I'm excited to see how He uses me. I'm excited to see where His hand moves. I'm excited to feel Him draw me even closer than ever. I'm excited to teach and be taught. I know that I'm about to be broken again. I know that this week will be hard and painful. But I also know that I will fall in love with the Lord and with 14 little girls this week. And, because of that, I rejoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please please please talk to me!
I'd love to hear your opinions.
<3