Saturday, January 17, 2009

good. better. best?

Jesus and I've been having a long talk about what "best" really is. I know His way is best. That's not what we're talking about. It's more of what earthly things are best. Dictionary.com's definition is---
best-–adjective, superlative of good, better.
1. of the highest quality, excellence, or standing: the best work; the best students.
2. most advantageous, suitable, or desirable: the best way.
3. largest; most: the best part of a day.
–adverb, superlative of good, better.
4. most excellently or suitably; with most advantage or success: an opera role that best suits her voice.
5. in or to the highest degree; most fully (usually used in combination): best-suited; best-known; best-loved.

desirable? highest quality? most? excellence? According to this definition, I should be looking for these qualities in the things I refer to as the best. Basically, Jesus has been saying that I throw this word around. I'm not careful with who/what I esteem to be "best." I need to realize that what He says is best is what I should call best. I shouldn't be jumping into calling my way the best way or calling people my best friends. I need to realize that the only truly best things are the things that God reveals to be the very best He has for me. I have to trust in His greatness, His good things.
For His good things are the very very very best in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please please please talk to me!
I'd love to hear your opinions.
<3