Tuesday, December 22, 2009

christmastime is here.



Rejoicing is easy during Christmas, but hard during breaks. Can you imagine how torn my heart is during Christmas break? I love this time of year. The smells, the decorations, the time with people I love...however, it's hard when the people I love the most, outside of my family, are far far far away. With my Natalie in Colorado and Lindsey in Memphis, it is a battle to rejoice when I rejoice best with them. :)

However, God blesses us when we are not expecting it. Last Saturday, I got a text message from Lindsey that simply said "Will you be home tonight?" When your best friend who lives three hours away asks that, you never know what's coming. What came next was the happiest option: My sweet best friend wanted to spend the night with me! We got 18 blissful hours of best friend time...and it was lovely. The last few weeks of school did not feature much us time which is hard for both of us and not fun at all. What an amazing blessing it was to be together, to enjoy a bit of this season together, to get to love each other.
Random side note: I love being hugged. It's just a fact. I need physical contact. However, Lindsey is not always the best person for that. She's just not as into it. This lovely visit, she hugged me twice.Maybe more. But it made my life better. I needed that.

The rest of this week may be stressful, but God has provided for me and will continue to do so. May you also know the provision of His grace in this week.

"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please please please talk to me!
I'd love to hear your opinions.
<3