Thursday, May 20, 2010

sweet summertime.


i'm home. i'm happy.

today was long and just not fun. full of packing and repacking and just wanting to leave it all.

now i sit her on the foldout couch and think of the things that i will miss. my sweet girls: linds, natalie, courtney, andi, jewel, abbie, cassie...goodness. so many lovely women. i will miss my roommates kristen and michele. God is teaching me things about myself through them and i cannot wait to see what He changes in me this summer for the good of our relationship. i miss some boys, which is odd. but i have the best LGP ever, so jesse will be missed, as well as the phenomenal sam ritter and jamie evans. what a weird thing to know how long it will be before i see many of them. almost three months.

and now i can fully prepare for camp, by packing, but more importantly emotionally and spiritually. Bible studies are calling my name and i'm thrilled. only eleven days until i officially embark on that adventure.

as i sit here, eating cheese and fig newtons, nestled in my pillows and blankets, i realize what a trying time this next week will be. the devil attacks when the Gospel is about to go even further. i haven't a clue who reads my blog, but i ask that you would join me in prayer. i need that hedge of protection around my heart more than ever. i can already see myself falling into a few sins and i need to nip it in the bud. thank you from the bottom of my heart.

oh and pray over this place too. God's gonna do something great. i can just feel it.



"When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd." Matthew 9:36

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please please please talk to me!
I'd love to hear your opinions.
<3