Monday, August 30, 2010

starting afresh.

i have been avoiding my journal and my blog like the plague, as i have feared what i might write. i was terrified of pouring out my emotions, my failures, my longings, my brokenness, my emptiness.

i journaled for almost an hour last night.
how?
yesterday, at englewood, ben preached an amazing sermon. the choir sang beautifully. but that wasn't what did it for me. instead, it was a simple chorus, intermingled with an old hymn.


I come broken to be mended.
I come wounded to be healed.
I come desperate to be rescued.
I come empty to be filled.
I come guilty to be pardoned
by the blood of Christ, the Lamb.
And I'm welcomed, with open arms,
Praise God,
Just as I am.

and the truth is just that:
i am broken, wounded, desperate, empty, guilty.
however,
He is mending, healing, rescuing, filling, pardoning, welcoming.

I am so undeserving.
Praise Him for His great mercy on me.

1 comment:

  1. You are right. He is always caring for us and sides on us. He is LOVE. I was in the same worship service and was looking for the music file for the song!

    ReplyDelete

Please please please talk to me!
I'd love to hear your opinions.
<3