Monday, December 13, 2010

for unto you is born this day...

prophecy is one of the most fascinating things about Christmas for me. the Lord gave the message and the prophets spoke it...and it happened.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne
and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.


Isaiah simply said what the Lord had breathed...and every Advent service now reads these verses. For our God is a God of Truth.

But not only is He a God of Truth, He is a God of consistency, stability, things that bring peace. He is unchanging.


The same God that created the world
spoke those words to Isaiah.
The same God who spoke to Isaiah
fulfilled that prophecy by coming to earth.
The same God who came to earth
ministered to people all across His homeland.
The same God who ministered
gave up His life on a cross without having sinned at all.
The same perfect God who died on the cross
rose again on the 3rd day, conquering death.
The same God who conquered death
saved me from eternal separation from Him.
The same God who saved me
made my life complete by His presence
and promised me forever with Him.

The same God who made the world made me whole. The same God who ministered to His people ministers to me daily. The same God who never sinned looks upon me, and sees none of my many sins.
That God-He is the same.





[i cannot post this without a little credit to...well, my little one. a conversation we had inspired this post. i love Gospel centeredness.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please please please talk to me!
I'd love to hear your opinions.
<3