Saturday, August 13, 2011

Salt. Sand. Sea.

In the past six or seven years, our family vacations have consisted of one night getaways to Six Flags or a similar theme park. Not that I don't love those, but this little girl has motion sickness like nobody's business. Roller coasters/Carousels/Tilt-a-whirls and I just do not mix well. Praise the Lord for Daddy's new job and faraway vacations! We took off to Florida for a long weekend, and it was a blessed getaway for all six of us. Here's a few photos to show off the sights...

This is Audrey, my 15 year old drama queen sister. I love that smile so much. She really is so gorgeous, not to mention she loves the Lord with her whole heart.


The last time we went to the beach, Andrew was a little one. Obviously, this 13 year old's first view of the ocean was a memory for all of us. "Wait...all of that is water?"


Emma's photos of this vacation are probably ten million times better than mine. She is definitely a phenomenal photographer, and a hilarious friend. 18 years of friendship and fighting have served us well, sister.


I was a tad bit obsessed with the texture of this wood and the shadows it cast onto the ground beneath it. The sand is probably one of my favorite parts of the beach. The purity of the grains, the sheer amount of them...they are a small thing that reminds me of my smallness as well.



This photo is easily my favorite. The color of the ocean. The wave just as it is breaking. The pier stretching into the distance. I was blessed to capture such beauty. He is too good to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please please please talk to me!
I'd love to hear your opinions.
<3