Saturday, March 14, 2009

take my life, let it be everything, all of me.

I have fallen behind so much on actually blogging about my life. Oh well. It's not that interesting anyway. :]

I have been learning about so much about living in His Freedom lately. I know that I am on this planet to bring Him glory and I know that everything I do reflects on Him, but learning to exercise my freedom in Him is so good for me.

I'm also learning to focus on myself more. I have this fantastic woman in my life who is so there for me and she gave me these five rules to help me focus.---
1. Be totally open and honest about what I think and believe.
2. Eat five times a day. Sleep a lot.
3. This week is about my problems, Not anyone else's.
4.Focus my thoughts on Christ. His strength is all I need.
5. Spend 30 minutes in the Word and prayer everyday.
While I will admit that I haven't been totally faithful to these rules, they have been perfect when I have followed them. God definitely blessed me in the person of Natalie. I am so glad that I can see that now.

Spring break is in six days. I am oh so ready. I did get a week at home with the flu, but it is not a real break when you cannot walk or eat by yourself. Flu=Misery. Don't try it at home. I really love that I have no plans for break. I'm getting my hair cut. That's about all. It's going to be great. I am going to be spending a significant amount of it in prayer for my dear friends. Four of my closest friends will be on GO Trips while we're on break and I will definitely be before the Throne for them. Natalie and Abby will be serving in Nashville, and Luke and Sam will be ministering in Boston. God is so good to let them go. He is so good to let me come before Him for them. He's just good period.

This next week before break could definitely be rough. Tuesday will be a year since my grandfather died and I am not sure how I will react to that. I know that Christ has me and my friends are lifting me up to Him in prayer. I have a great support system, so I am not too worried, but I know that it could very well be difficult. Christ is my rock. That is truly the only reason I survive.

On a happier note, I had a fantastic interview to be a LIFE Group Leader this week. I do hope to get this position, as I feel I could really minister in this area. It's in God's hands. I'll find out on Friday, right before spring break.

God is working in every area of my life right now and I love it. I know that I can constantly expect help from Him and from my friends who hold me so accountable. To Him be the Glory for my Growth. I think these lyrics describe what He is doing in my life and how I feel about His work---

"What good is it to gain the whole world, but lose your soul?
What good is it to make a sweet sound, but remain proud?
In view of God’s mercy, I offer my all.

And take my life, let it be everything, all of me.
Here I am, use me for Your glory.
In everything I say and do, let my life honor You.
Here I am living for Your glory.

The road I’m on that leads nowhere without You.
And the life I live that finds meaning and surrender.
In view of God’s mercy, I offer my all.

Seeking first the Kingdom.
Seeking first the Kingdom of my Lord."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please please please talk to me!
I'd love to hear your opinions.
<3