Friday, January 29, 2010

east.

I've been really questioning things a lot lately. Seriously. Down to my calling to motherhood. Like I was to the point that I just didn't know anymore. I just didn't know. Ya know what? God speaks and it's so wonderful. Lately, He's had me stuck on Isaiah 43. Verses 1 and 4 are great encouragements and promises. But He's been dragging me back to a verse that did not make any sense to me. At first, that is. It's Isaiah 43:5, which says,

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west."


Say what, Lord? I don't know what we are talking about here. This has been going on for about two weeks. I'm sick of it. I want to know the meaning. So I'm all praying: "God. I want to know what is up with this chapter especially this verse. I know I'm totally missing the point. Please show me." And that Still Small Voice that I so long for just whispers in my heart: "Africa, Anna. Africa is east. Your children...they are in Africa. You are in the west. They are in the east. Africa."
My children. He has been trying to speak to me for two weeks about my babies. He knew my heart was searching. He knew I needed answers. Where are my children who I already love? Africa. That's where. In the East.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please please please talk to me!
I'd love to hear your opinions.
<3