Sunday, January 10, 2010

goodbye 2009.

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?

Oh goodness. I flew on an air plane…by myself. I was a Life Group Leader. I told my best friends every secret I could possibly think of. I recorded a CD as Christmas presents.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I don’t usually do formal resolutions. I just strive daily. However, this year, I’d like to do something really wild. What that is…has yet to be determined. 
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

My sweet old friend, Dorothy, gave birth to her firstborn daughter, who she so sweetly named after me. It’s a joy to have you around, Anna Belle Hatcher.
4. Did anyone close to you die?

My dear friend and mentor, Margarita Johnson, passed away after a long battle with cancer. What a hard day that was…
5. What countries did you visit?

Just the USA, but a whole new part of it.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
More immunity. I don’t ever want to be sick again.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day Linds and I were reunited after a whole summer of being apart.
The days we spent on LGL Retreat, both Spring and Fall.
The day I wrote my favorite song.
The many many moments that I spent talking with my 2 best friends about the hardest things in my life.
All of these things, I will remember because they have a lasting impact on me.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

I would say that finishing a semester after being sick four times, including the swine flu, and being a LGL with a great GPA is a pretty big achievement.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I am not the best at prioritizing and I think that would have to be my biggest failure. Knowing whether school or people should be done currently is a hard thing for me.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes. Spring Semester meant the regular flu and the stomach virus. My only illness in summer was altitude issues, which I was more than happy to deal with. This fall was a different story. I had the piglet sniffles, a double ear infection, and a few viruses. All fun, I assure you.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
I didn’t pay for it, but my plane ticket to Colorado.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My two best friends, Lindsey and Natalie. They listen to everything I say and never ever think I’m crazy. They constantly push me towards the Cross and strive alongside me.
I love them dearly.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

I’m sure there was some celebrity, but I can’t think of anyone specific.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Food, mainly. Gifts also. A few new clothes, I’m sure. But mostly food.
Oh the joys of being an adult.
15. What did you get really excited about?
Seeing my friends. Be it after three hours, three days, three weeks, or three months, I’m always overjoyed. Countdown to some more dear ones? Five Days.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Anything from Glee.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

– happier or sadder? The same. Winter is always hard, but I still love life.
– thinner or fatter? Oh thinner. Swine flu means I didn’t eat much. 
– richer or poorer? Probably the same. College is college.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

I wish I had played the piano more, but that is more of a time issue than anything. I wish I’d spent time with a few people, but other than that, I’m happy with what I did with my time. 

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Complaining. Worrying. Being Sick.

20. How did you spend Christmas?

With family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?

Only more in love with my Savior than I have ever been.


22. What was your favorite TV program?
Glee.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

I don't hate anyone.

24. What was the best book you read?

The Bible. It just gets better and better.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Ha. Most of my “discoveries” were actually discovered by Stephen Capps.
26. What did you want and get?

Lots of time with my best friends.
27. What did you want and not get?

More hours in the day. 

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

The Proposal.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 19 on May 7th. I enjoyed a day with one class, my family came to visit, my friends threw me a party, and my best friend decorated my room. It was great.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

More time in the Word.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

Say what? I mean...it was all about being comfortable. That’s pretty typical.
32. What kept you sane?

My Savior and My friends.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Um. No one.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

The same ones that always do. Ones involving the sanctity of life.
35. Who did you miss?

When I’m in Dickson, I miss my best friends and everyone else at Union. When I’m in Jackson, I miss my family and friends here.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Freshmen. A lot of wonderful freshmen.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
I can tell my best friends anything. I can survive not being able to walk very well for a few days. I cannot survive without time with Christ daily.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Ha. “I put my hands up. They’re playing my song. The butterflies fly away. I’m nodding my head like yeah, moving my hips like yeah. I put my hands up. They’re playing my song. I know I’m gonna be okay. Yeah! It’s a party in the USA!”
Ha...not really. More like...
"A thousand times I've failed, still my purpose remains: the art of losing myself in bringing you praise. Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fails. Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please please please talk to me!
I'd love to hear your opinions.
<3