Monday, February 8, 2010

new.

i can't say that enough. i love union. i love the people. i love jtown. i love learning. i love ministry. i love snow. i love new buildings. i love worship. i just do.
however, i am missing people. i miss my hayley. i miss byrd. i miss my family.
but God continues to be good.
i also hate change. life changes. relationships change. and it annoys me so much. i just want normalcy and God is a good of new things. i'm trying so hard to line my ideals up with His.
God has been so good to me. He has been so good to Union. we just celebrated the two year anniversary of the tornado. yes, i did say celebrated. we gathered as a community in the new bowld commons and watched a countdown that finally reached 7:02 pm, the exact time the tornado hit. the room fell completely silent. suddenly, one of the guitarists started a slow melody, and dean thornbury, the female, began to speak welcome and invited us to worship. the night was filled with phenomenal worship in song and in spirit. there was scripture and prayer led by students who suffered in the tornado. DSD gave a devotional that was truly touching.
it was not in anyone's ideals for a tornado to hit union. no one wanted it to happen. but God was doing, and is continuing to do a new thing. i'm trying to see a parallel between His relationship with Union and one of my relationships. He's doing something new. i am simply to follow.
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please please please talk to me!
I'd love to hear your opinions.
<3