Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Feels like home.


There are simply some close friendships that feel like home. Some are old and routine. Some are new and exciting. All of them force me to see how blessed I am. Some days, I spend hours alone, chatting with the Lord and baking something new. Some days, I spend my afternoon doing homework and chatting with an old friend as she bakes cookies. Some days, I spend my evening with a newer friend, talking and laughing about nothing and everything. Somehow, it all fits together. Somehow all of these friends fit together into this crazy plan the Lord has for me...and I am encouraged. Though often the days seem endless and the nights pointless, it's the moments of truth with these friends that remind me of who I am and Whose I am. This place-here in the middle of child and grown-up, smack dab in the center of His will, surrounded by His grace-it's where I belong. And these times of hope and purpose, even in the midst of the overwhelming sense of too much to do, are what keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please please please talk to me!
I'd love to hear your opinions.
<3