Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Water for the Soul

Two thousand twelve. Wow. It seems like yesterday we were filling up old two liter bottles with water for Y2K.  But here I am, eighteen days into the new year, and I'm looking at the next twelve months with much curiosity. Honestly, none of what I expected lies on my calendar.
I was expecting to graduate in May. I was expecting to know where I was working for the summer. I was expecting to be a bridesmaid in my best friend's wedding. (That one is happening, Praise God!) I was expecting to teach in the fall. I was expecting a lot of things.
But here I sit. I'll be a December graduate, Lord willing. I have no idea what I'm doing this summer. I will get to be a bridesmaid. And yes, I'll be teaching this fall, but as a student teacher, not in my own classroom.
And yes, it's all really scary. But the Lord has been teaching me so much about trusting Him and facing my future with courage. Do I feel courageous? No. I don't really. I feel small and insignificant. I feel very much alone. Do I have answers to all of these questions? No. I have zero answers. I want to have them so badly, but I don't have answers. All I have is the Word and the Holy Spirit...and I'm clinging to them so tightly.
My dear friend, Courtney, and I were talking about all of my worries and fears, and she said that she had been praying the following verses over me.

I have no idea if your 2012 is looking as unsure as mine, but I hope that those verses are water to your soul, like they are to mine. I hope they give you courage to face the unsure times that face us all.
Come, let us return to the Lord.
He will revive us, restore us.
Hallelujah.

1 comment:

Please please please talk to me!
I'd love to hear your opinions.
<3