Tuesday, July 3, 2012

What a Wave.

I can't believe I have gone a whole month without posting here. If anything, that just shows you how busy, crazy, and absolutely amazing my June was. Much to your disappointment (hopefully), I'm not going to be recapping my whole month today. I'm taking a Luke Pruett-ordered detox week, and heading to Dickson tomorrow to spend time with my family.
What I can tell you is that the Lord truly is the same God that He has always been: the Creator God who delights in His children, the Atoning God who provides a different sacrifice, the Loving God who personally builds amazing friendships like David and Jonathon's, and the Restoring God who gives strength when we are weak.
Though I am desperately missing our Rising Seniors, especially a certain few (You know who you are), I am grateful for this time of reflection and renewal. I can see the shadows of uncertainty rising in my future, and I'm glad for these few days to be still and rest my body with my loved ones and rest my spirit before the Lord.
For now, I leave you with my new favorite quote: "I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the Rock of Ages." Thank you, Charles Spurgeon, for speaking my thoughts exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please please please talk to me!
I'd love to hear your opinions.
<3